Up@dawn 2.0

Friday, March 6, 2020

Have a good break!

Image result for spring break 2020

Image result for spring break cactus league 2020

UPDATE, Saturday 7th, Scottsdale. Up early, still on Nashville time. Arrived as the desert sun was setting gorgeously last night, then enjoyed "Mexican Soul Food" at the Barrio Queen in Old Town. Looking forward to Dodgers baseball this afternoon, Giants tomorrow, Sedona later in the week to indulge my spouse's wish to encounter the "vortex of energy" said (by less skeptical folk) to emanate from there. 

Image result for scottsdale postcard 

Just read a piece in the Times that seems relevant to This Life's emphasis on secular faith and mortality, and a good counter to all the coronavirus gloom and doom in the headlines. Mary Pipher writes: 
"I love the world but I cannot stay. Death is democratic and we will all participate in its enactment. I will miss the beauty all around me. I have taken so much pleasure in the natural world, in people and books, in music and art, in cups of coffee and lolling cats. If I knew that I had a month left to live, I wouldn’t spend my time much differently than I do now."
Me neither.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment