Up@dawn 2.0

Friday, March 27, 2020

Has Data read "This Life"?


TrekCore.com 🖖 (@TrekCore)
After you watch the #StarTrekPicard finale, watch this:

#StarTrek pic.twitter.com/eEMomcUTX4
UPDATE: Having now seen the finale I'm pretty sure showrunner & chief writer Michael Chabon has read it. Remarkable first season's conclusion, whether or not you're a Trek fan, and a pitch-perfect echo of Hagglund's thesis about the necessity of finitude for leading a meaningful life. "A butterfly that lives forever is really not a butterfly at all." It's the butterfly of the finite moment that symbolizes a happy, "blue skies" existence.

Plus, I'm with JL: I don't necessarily want to live "forever," but I'd take an extra (healthy) decade or two. "Engage!"

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't want to live forever that defeats the purpose of life and that would give time no meaning. Then again you can live forever and see how the world changes from century to century.

    ReplyDelete