Up@dawn 2.0

Tuesday, March 31, 2020

A sad note:

During this crisis, many people have become concerned about the mental health of those stuck in isolation. 
Even Trump has mentioned this, though his claims had many holes and were fact-checked. 

I recently read an article stating that more people have died via suicide than those being affected and killed by coronavirus. 

We have mentioned the importance of spreading kindness and helping make these hard times easier. I would love to talk to you guys and see how you're helping yourself stay connected to your loved ones and how you've managed your mental health during this crisis. 
Connecting is more important than ever given all the government-led lockdowns. 

5 comments:

  1. Fortunately it's easier to stay connected (virtually) with loved ones across the country and the world than ever before. Just being able to text our daughter in LA is deeply reassuring. And I'm actually feeling more connected with my neighbors than ever before, they're finally getting out into the streets and walking their dogs, for instance.

    If any of you want to set up a zoom chat or happy hour or something, go for it and let us all know when and where to find you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been utilizing facetime for my family that doesnt live with me. Also, I am still having to work because I'm deemed an "essential employee" and they have also increased my hours by a ton so I have stayed pretty busy. I hope you are all well and safe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My daughter works at a liquor store in California, deemed "essential" (for which she's very grateful)... fortunately she's not interacting with the public, they're delivering orders at a distance.

      Delete
  3. My mental health is surprisingly good considering that on top of the tornado and pandemic, my partner and I broke up last week. It's been a struggle because I can't distract myself as easily, not going to class or work (though I will be back at work sooner than expected... ) and not being able to see live music or meet friends for dinner.
    The upside is, I've been forced to actually reach out to people instead of just expecting to see them around somewhere. I will even talk on the phone now, like back in high school. Wild. I have to remember to be grateful for my support system.
    Stay well, everyone. Miss our class!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We all have to remember to be grateful, don't we? If I were superstitious I'd hesitate to say what's obvious: it could be worse.

      Delete