1. What's the story behind this photo?
2. What's Hitch say about "burning the candle at both ends" OR about "Why me?" OR about Thanatos/Eros?
3.What's ironic or telling about the lives and deaths of the devout and the pious? OR, Did those who said they'd pray for him say his health was their primary consideration?
4.What correlation did the 2006 prayer study find? OR, Did Francis Collins pray for him?
5. Why is Pascal's gambler "abjectly opportunist"? OR, How does the Devil's Dictionary define prayer?
6. Aside from his obvious desire to continue living, why else did Hitch feel "cheated and disappointed" when he found his cancer too advanced to yield to genomic "tissue engineering"?
7. Good Book? Maybe one of the Cicero passages, in honor of "the greatest orator of our time"? (Arguably, anyway.)
1.xi 2.5-6, 8 3.13,16 4.18-19 5.21 6.33 7. Acts 67.31: "After he finished, all his other hearers were astonished..."