1. What does scientism supposedly show about the first-person POV?
2. What does "conversation" have in common with the flicking of a frog's tongue?
3. R says there are no purposes or designs in nature, thanks to Newton and Darwin.
4. R says Mother Nature made us love stories and see conspiracies everywhere.
5. R likes to read, watch, and listen to stories.
6. R calls the attempt to reconcile natural science and common sense "naturalism."
7. R's point about Freaky Friday is that it presupposes a physical self.
8. A favorite Good Book passage?
1. illusion-194. 2. Both are adaptive behaviors stored in neural circuitry-197. 3. T-206. 4. T-211. 5. T-214. 6. T-218. 7. F-221. 8. [76.26-29, contending for "honour"]
ALSO OF NOTE:
Elephants, dogs, primates, sharing & collaboration...198-9
Why does R denigrate matter as "just clumps..."? 204
Plans, purposes, designs, & the future-205
Sentences & thoughts=crude indicators of brain states-208-210
On the mystification and frustration of the humanities-212
Either/or, re: neuroscience and introspection-213
Common sense and conscious planning-217
Fantastic Voyage, Leibniz-234-5
Purposes & designs popping up, God-239