Up@dawn 2.0

Monday, April 23, 2018

Parting thoughts

It's been a good semester, from my point of view... though I didn't see nearly enough of some of you.

But, as they say, "Mission Accomplished": we surveyed Atheism in America in the testimonials of several contemporaries, many of whom expressed a sense of joyous liberation in their embrace of freethought... and, we looked back with Susan Jacoby and Matthew Stewart at the history of freethought in America. I think it's very clear that the enlightened founders of our republic believed in that "religion of freedom" that also defends everyone's right to invoke freedom from religion and pursue freedom of thought, discovery, and creation. So, can we get an amen?

Amen!

Don't forget to do your online course evaluations, and also please share directly with me your suggestions for future course themes and texts.

The course returns in Fall 2020, but in the meantime this site remains open for your use. Feel free to visit and share your thoughts whenever you'd like to. Join the ever-growing community of A&P alumni-we're practically a church, now!

Maybe you'd like to join my summer class road-trip down to Dayton in July, let me know.

I'll see some of you in Environmental Ethics in the Fall.*

As one of my fallen heroes used to say:

"Be well, do good work, and keep in touch."

Good luck with your goals.

*Happy Earth Day +1.



No comments:

Post a Comment