Up@dawn 2.0

Thursday, May 15, 2014

My Experience at Sunday Assembly

I visited the Sunday Assembly this past sunday and I just wanted to share my experience with anybody that is interested about it. I had a great experience and I encourage anybody and everybody to go. It is a relatively small group (maybe around 50-60) and the location is perfect. It is right off of Charlotte Avenue in Nashville and is held in an older church-looking building. It is pretty much exactly where you would think the largest congregation of atheists in the area would meet on a sunday. They play several secular songs and the band rocks out pretty hard. It is a very collaborative effort with multiple people delivering "sermons" during the assembly. The "sermons" were not rules on how to live your life, but simply some suggestions on how to better increase your happiness or just suggestions on ways to help you out day to day. The people are incredibly friendly and quick to start a conversation. I highly recommend it to anybody interested. If anybody is interested in carpooling from murfreesboro to Nashville for the next meeting just let me know. Or if anybody has anymore questions about it just let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Jamey. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their meetup site: http://www.meetup.com/Sunday-Assembly-Nashville/

      "Sunday Assembly Nashville is a godless congregation that celebrates life. Our motto: live better, help often, wonder more. Our mission: to help everyone find and fulfill their full potential..." They sound a lot like Unitarians (and to me that's a GOOD thing).

      Delete